Saturday

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



Katniss Everdeen has seen the Hunger Games televised live every year. They are brutal: each of the 12 districts sends one boy and one girl into an arena where they fight to the death and the last one living is the winner. When Katniss's younger sister's name is pulled for the reaping, she immediately volunteers to go in her place. Listening to her mentors, Katniss teams up with Peeta, her district's boy tribute, during all of the pre-Games. Once inside the arena, though, it's every tribute for themselves.

This book is INTENSE! There is absolutely no other way to describe it. I could feel myself tensing as I read, more than once I got goosebumps up my arms, and I never saw the story playing out the way it did. This book was just incredible. If you don't read any other book, take the time for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment