Saturday

Divergent by Veronica Roth


Beatrice Prior has lived her life putting others before herself. After all, she's part of the Abnegation factor, the factor of service and selflessness. She has always admired the Dauntless, though, and their fearlessness and freedom. As she turns 16, she knows that the Choosing Ceremony is coming, and along with it, the aptitude test that will help her decide which faction she should choose: Abnegation, Dauntless, Erudite, Amity, or Candor. But Choosing is not as simple as it should be for Beatrice. Should she stay with Abnegation and her family or forever lose them while she searches for herself in Dauntless? And then there is the frightening result of her aptitude test-Beatrice is Divergent. She has an aptitude for several factions, which is viewed as dangerous by all of the factions. 

I have to say, it was VERY hard to do a write-up of this book without giving too much away. All of the above happens in the first few chapters and the way the story unrolls after that is just AMAZING!!! It's been a long time since I've read a book that I just couldn't put down, and this finally gave me that again. Tris's transformation and struggle are so real. I love her evolving relationship with Four. Something about it takes me back to older books I've read that just get inside of me and effect me. I've been waiting too long for a new book/series/author to give that to me! This book quickly rose to become one of my favorites (and that is not a term that I throw around lightly when it comes to books!) Do yourself a favor and just READ IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. need a book that will cure your Divergent hangover, try Shadow and Bone, I read it directly after Insurgent and it still held it's own. That's saying a lot, because it usually takes me a long time to enjoy another book after reading one this good.

    ReplyDelete