Saturday

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent picks up right where Divergent leaves off (literally, no time passes between the last sentence of the first book and the first sentence of the second book!) which makes it very hard not to give anything away. Let's just say Tris is trying to live with some of the choices she's made and not let them destroy her. She's trying to maintain her relationship with Tobias, which is harder and harder with all of the secrets she's keeping. Meanwhile, the unrest between the factions is heading towards an all-out war and the Divergent seem to be the focus of it all.

I have to say, Veronica Roth ranks right up there with Cassandra Clare for me right now. Not only does she write intriguing characters and fast-paced and heart-wrenching story lines, she sure knows how to leave the reader hanging! I'll admit, I got a little annoyed with Tris and her trust issues (seriously, Tris, just let Tobias in on what's going on!) but at the same time, Roth wrote her so clearly that I also understood where she was coming from. And the last book, which is still nameless (I'm going with Emergent, but we'll see!), doesn't come out until the fall. I swear, this fall cannot come fast enough! I'm already planning a re-read in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment